Monday, December 07, 2009

Anniversary Speach....

Happy Anniversay to me and my man. This post is a good 7 days late, but the most important thing is that I remembered to tell Eric on the 1st! We had so much fun attending the Odyssey Dance Theater "It's a Wonderful Life" production. We went with some great friends and had a blast. Eric won the tickets at an event he worked at but tried to take credit that he had planned to take me all along. HA HA HA Love:) I know you better than that! Anyway......I look back over the past nine years and realize, I have been so distacted by 4 wonderful babies that I haven't been paying attention to the the Hot Gentleman with whom those babies were made. Ok, I know you are thinking....TMI Susanne! And to all of you I say, than don't read my blog! It's true though.......think about it all you mama's out there. Haven't we all been in the trap of paying way more attention to our kids and our 15 million other things we have to get done that our Honey's get pushed away completly unintentionally. My new years resolution is to put Eric first. Ok, now I know there are still those of you who are thinking I should have known this all along. That YOU already do this perfectly.......well, again.....I say to you.......click the x in the right top right corner of your screen! I'm sure that only took care of maybe one of you because reality is that we ALL struggle with Balance. I believe the times we feel out of balance is the time we fall to our knees and ask the Lord to adjust our scale. If we try to do it ourselves, we will never be balanced. Think of those old scales in math class that had the tray on each side. If i'm working on the right side, and try to step off to take care of something on the left, the scale will do a teeter totter thing. This is where the Lord is everything! Work on what we can @ that moment in our lives that is THE most important and will impact positivly those around us and the Lord will adjust things for us. We just have to ask and trust! I will now step off my soap box. I just had that thought and hope it may help those of you who may struggle with the impossible task of a balancing act. I Love You Eric! Thanks for the wild Nine Years & counting!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Chelsea said...

Beautiful post! You are wise beyond your beard Susanne! (but not too wise past your Susan... you need to work on that.)

Megano said...

You guys are the CUTEST couple!!! Loves it! I'm glad you guys had a good anniversary!!! You're too cute!!! We need to have another GNO!! Genius!

Melissa S. said...

Please don't tell me that was a recent picture......you're too tan for it to be December and then all of us girls would have to hate you. :) That's funny you write about putting hubby first. Brooks was JUST telling me he always remembered his dad saying, "Your mother doesn't do that for ME!" or something along those lines as she was serving her children. Hate to admit, I get caught up in the same club too.....even though I TOLD myself I wouldn't after I heard my FIL say those things. Thanks for the reminder. Merry Christmas you hottie.