So our 24th turned out to be a fun one afterall. Eric has had a long work week and I wasn't looking forward to spending the Holiday alone. He was picked to do security @ the Real SL game, so that meant home alone with the kiddies. A few hours before the game, he called and said he could get us into the game. I wasn't sure which event would be more fun.......home with the kiddies, or Soccer game (public) with the kiddies. I opted to take them out beings that I took all my "anti yell at my kids" meds. (those of you who know me, understand:) Anywho.......off we went to Sandy. Everything was great! Especially the kids. It was hot and crowded, but they stayed right with me and even made their way walking all around the stadium to get to our seats. Once seated, the gal that hooked Eric up with the tickets came to our seats and invited us to sit on the sidelines! AWESOME! That was my first time at a soccer game and it was really fun. I'm sure our seats helped the cause! Well that's not all the fun that we had. This very nice gal also informed me that the sponsor for the game was giving an Ipod touch away to the winner of the half time game. The sponsor does insurance for those who carry weapons for their line of work, so they requested that it be someone or their family who fall suite. You got it! Eric volunteered me for the job. So, there I was running around the field all by my lonesome---BLINDFOLDED---trying to find the sponsors banner on the field. I FOUND it right on the 30 second mark!! Talk about a turn of events! Who would have thunk I would be the center of attention in front of say 16,000 people, when I was planning on sitting back in my jammies watching a movie with the kiddies! It was a lot of fun and great memories! There were festive fireworks to follow and then homeward bound. Thanks Love, for hooking us up with great seats, embarassing me, and sharing your busy work week with us, even it meant us coming to you! OH HAPPY DAY (now I'm going to go paly with my IPod!)
Saturday, July 25, 2009
Pretty Awesome
So our 24th turned out to be a fun one afterall. Eric has had a long work week and I wasn't looking forward to spending the Holiday alone. He was picked to do security @ the Real SL game, so that meant home alone with the kiddies. A few hours before the game, he called and said he could get us into the game. I wasn't sure which event would be more fun.......home with the kiddies, or Soccer game (public) with the kiddies. I opted to take them out beings that I took all my "anti yell at my kids" meds. (those of you who know me, understand:) Anywho.......off we went to Sandy. Everything was great! Especially the kids. It was hot and crowded, but they stayed right with me and even made their way walking all around the stadium to get to our seats. Once seated, the gal that hooked Eric up with the tickets came to our seats and invited us to sit on the sidelines! AWESOME! That was my first time at a soccer game and it was really fun. I'm sure our seats helped the cause! Well that's not all the fun that we had. This very nice gal also informed me that the sponsor for the game was giving an Ipod touch away to the winner of the half time game. The sponsor does insurance for those who carry weapons for their line of work, so they requested that it be someone or their family who fall suite. You got it! Eric volunteered me for the job. So, there I was running around the field all by my lonesome---BLINDFOLDED---trying to find the sponsors banner on the field. I FOUND it right on the 30 second mark!! Talk about a turn of events! Who would have thunk I would be the center of attention in front of say 16,000 people, when I was planning on sitting back in my jammies watching a movie with the kiddies! It was a lot of fun and great memories! There were festive fireworks to follow and then homeward bound. Thanks Love, for hooking us up with great seats, embarassing me, and sharing your busy work week with us, even it meant us coming to you! OH HAPPY DAY (now I'm going to go paly with my IPod!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Ok seriously so jeal that you got an ipod touch! ThAt is de-freakin-luxe! ha ha I love that story especially after what happened to us the night before! Ha ha you are one lucky bug!
Way way way cool! You are such a good sport! Congrats on the win! You are amazing!
-Dixie
That's awesome you won a touch ipod. Sound like you ended up having a fun 24th. Your kids are so cute. I can't believe how big they are.
NO WAY!!! That is awesome! I wish I could have been there to watch the half time show! ;) You are one lucky girl! Cute pics too! What a fun night.
Post a Comment