Monday, July 27, 2009

Biff of the year!!!

I'm sorry but this story is too funny not to share. I have been promising Ethan that we could go for a ride to City Center (a part of Eagle Moutain). He would ride his bike and I would rollerblade. Well today, Eric was off work, so we decided to give the ride a try. We parked the car where we wanted to start our treck. With water, helmets, my new Ipod, and a lot of ambition, we were off. I had never bladed this part of the path before, so I wasn't sure what to expect. What I was expecting was a paved trail with minnimal rocks-grasshoppers everywhere-& I even prepared for the worst in my mind.......a snake sighting! Probably about 1/2 a mile into our treck, the trail started to twist and turn a bit. We did start on a gradual hill, so between the turns and the incline, I started to get kinda nervous. Ethan was ahead of me and doing great. He's quite the bike rider. As I watched him ahead of me, I realized there were way to many turns to make, going the speed I was and with a break that wasn't quite working. I had my right heel slamming into the squishy tar and it wasn't cutting it. I started to do the wobbly motion that happens when you know you can't regain control. I really was hoping that the worst of my day @ that point would be a Python sighting-----not likly, right? Yeah, NO!! I knew a wipe out was in my very near future, but where to biff was the thought that kept racing through my mind.........pavement?weeds? pavement? weeds? Well, I opted for the weeds. Little did I realize that the weeds also included stickers, thistle, gravel, large rocks, and ruts from water traveling through the area. Lets just say, I have been picking tiny black slivers out of my body all evening. I thought I was feeling ok, until I got home, Eric laughed @ me, showered off, and started digging out slivers. The shock set in and I am so blasted sore. I have scrapes and cuts on my shoulders, knees and arms. Luckily, there are no broken anythings, and only my sweet Ethan saw the award winning crash. He was pretty bummed we didn't catch it on tape cause he was sure it would win us the America's Funniest Home Video grand prize. I still love rollerblading and this incident won't stop me from putting my skates to the pavement------------however, the incline will be scouted out before hand! Hope this story gives you all a good laugh. I'm sure sore, but I'm still wearing a smile!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Johanna said...

YIKES! ha ha that story cracked me UP! You have had quite the adventures this past week!

Tiffany said...

Susanne! What is goin down girl? Good to hear from you. Its been a long time. Those cello days are a little hazy but I do remember hangin out. Looks like things are going good for ya. You didn't waste any time poppin out them kids...nice! Anyways take care.

Devin

Eardley Fam said...

OUCH! Glad you are okay-that is too funny. I would love to hear Ethan's view point of what he saw!

amelia said...

you always make my day! i hope you feel better!
good on ya for getting back out there :)

Chelsea said...

I was driving past you on my way to the library, and I saw you biff it, but I was too embarrassed of you to stop. Sorry! Okay, that would never happen, I would totally stop, but I am not going to lie, I would have to have a little laugh at your expense first! Good thing you weren't Bianca, or I am sure one of those thorns would have popped a good hole and flattened you.