Wednesday, April 01, 2009

I can't believe it took 6 years to find us here.....

Ethan in the ER with his first broken arm :( He really is so so sad. We had to drive from Eagle Mountain all the way to Jordan Valley in West Jordan. Bumby ride on redwood that is under construction. Ok, the arm shot looks like nothing happened. Not a good pic. I will have to find the one that Eric took on his phone, cause it is nasty. This happened on Friday March 27 2009, and it is now Wednesday. The doc said it's too swollen to cast until next week. Poor kid has to stay home from school until he gets the cast. And that brings me to the next picture. I said, "Come here bud and let me take a picture of your arm." He came bopping in the room in a daze and held up his arm. Right after I snapped the shot, he said, "Wait......take one more." So I did! Now that is the shot you see last. I think this picture truly captures how Ethan really feels about this experience. He broke both bones clean across, while trying to catch himself as he was falling/jumping off the back of a couch. He sprained his other wrist too, so life has been fun for the poor kid. To top it all off, its his writing hand and that makes for a bummed out kid who is convinced he will never graduate 1st grade. I will try to update when he gets a cool blue cast.......thats what he wants.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

amelia said...

I hope you get the cool blue cast soon buddy!
Take Care!

Chelsea said...

Still such a sad story! (But you tell it so funny! LOL) What a tough little fella!

Lindsay said...

Oh my gosh poor guy! I know just how he felt.. My story is almost EXACTLY the same! When I was 7, I was swinging on a porch at a cabin we were staying at on the LaSal Mtns and I fell off backwards - tried to reach back with my right hand to brace my fall, and ended up breaking my right arm - my writing hand - clean across, both bones. The four of us rode for almost 2 hrs on a bumpy dirt road in our single cab truck to the Moab hospital and had it casted. . I guess mine didn't swell as much.. and my break was in the summer time so I didn't have school to miss. Tell Ethan to hang in there and he'll have a fun story to share when he gets older. :) I'm sure it won't be your last trip to the ER ;)

Mac and Dixie said...

Poor little buddy! It happens to the best of us though. My mom didn't believe me when I told her I broke my arm sledding down the hill at school. I had a broken arm for 2 days before I got my trip to the ER!
-Dixie

Nikki said...

I see Eric in his uniform...we've been there! Poor guy- hope he heals quickly. At least now they make water-proof casts, so it shouldn't slow him down much!! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Ethan looks so sad! I hope he feels better.

The duck pictures are so cute. What a fun idea, Crew looks so scared, it is funny.

Your girls are getting so big. They are beautiful;..just like their Mom ;)

Hope all is well with your family.

Ashley Mullen said...

Well, it was bound to happen sooner or later right. BLue cast for BYU!!! You rock Ethan. Hang in there!!!