Wednesday, April 08, 2009

After a little time to think..............

Those of you who are regular readers of my blog, know that I had a face painting episode with my children a while ago. You will all be happy to hear, that I can now laugh about the incident, and quite frankly, I realize that #1: I totally did stuff like that all the time. I think I even burned a whole in my mom's carpet while I was trying to hot glue some project together. I really was a menace! #2: Kids are so cute in their thought process. I'm sure in their minds they were trying to be quiet and helpful by letting mommy sleep. (after all, they know what happens when they wake mommy before say......seven am) You know they were so excited to get their faces painted and they just coudn't wait around. I'm sure in their cute brains they figured grumpy mommy would wake up late and then rush rush rush and either X the face paint all together, or not have fun while applying it rather quickly. So truth be told, I was the one that should have been in trouble that morning. In trouble for sleeping late, being grumpy all the other mornings when getting woke up early, for not enjoying the simple things in life, and forgetting that I was the worst when it came to messes while being creative..........(still am for that fact). Just thought I would publically apologize for my end of the stick on this one...........afterall, when we really look @ most situations, I would bet all of us can find a lesson to learn! I love you kido's

1 comment:

Laura said...

Awesome. That's one of those things where you have to either laugh or cry...or maybe both. Glad you got to the laughing stage! You're a nice mom; I don't think I would ever volunteer to paint my kids' faces, except maybe on Halloween.