Ok, so this event deserves a blog of it's own. Let me give you some history that leads up to what you see above. All week Sage and Ethan have been telling me about how Wednesday is "paint for face" day @ school. They have been so excited. I knew that we had some face paint leftover from halloween, but wasnt sure where it was. I was planning to get it out this morning. Well, they obviously beat me to it.
My alarm was set on my phone for 740 am. Crew had a rough night last night, so I was super tired. I had just got him back to sleep around 650, and was looking forward to a bit more shut eye before the kids were up for school. Little did I know that the shut eye I was so excited for would only be preparing me for the mess of all messes. Well, 740 rolls around.........ding ding ding goes the alarm, but before I could even turn it off, I look up and there stands Ethan with his scary face. (Yes, I screamed) It took me about 5 seconds to realize that what I was about to witness was worthy of beating my children. I uttered the words......"What the Hell" and then sprung out of bed. ( Ethan was more scared by me in my undies @ this point.) I was trying to chew him out in a quiet voice cause I thought Crew was still sleeping.........nope! The three amigos decided that Crew needed to be in on all the fun, so they woke him up and hauled him downstairs to all the fun. NOW, I must defend myself here.......my kids know that I love my sleep, so they are trained to be quiet in the morn. They know that I will get up and help them, but if I'm sleeping, don't wake me unless there is an emergency. Well, that's why I didn't hear all the commotion going on, and they were in the basement. Ok, now that that is out of the way, let me proceed to finnish the rest of the story. I go marching downstairs and what I find was horrific. The pictures don't even begin to "paint" a picture for you. Please note that the shirt that Sage and Haven are wearing are brand spanking new and tags were removed last night. Ethan was wearing his soccer jersey that can be worn each year, but perferably not with paint all over it. They decided to attemt the face paint in my guest bathroom which is the only bathroom in the house that has all WHITE towells.....which they used! They also decided Crew needed some paint love, but due to the very stressful circumstances of the morning, I couldnt really position all of them where I could get a picture without causing more of a problem. OH.... Crew had a blow out diaper to boot, so moving him in any way would have caused even more of a mess. Let me re-cap here........ Screaming baby (with pooh all over) 3 painted kids with paint on the rug, sink, walls, clothes, and they were in the process of dying their hair with the remainder of the paint. Even though they were hoping to show their enthusiasm for the "paint your face" day, I believe I painted an even clearer expression on their face that you can see even through the layers of red/black/and white! They got a good chew out and have a list of chores that they will each need to do in order to re-pay me for the damages done. Eric thinks it's funny.........I don't!!! Well, not today........not tomorrow..........but maybe, just maybe, next week it will make me smile.Wednesday, February 18, 2009
"Paint your ........What the .........
Ok, so this event deserves a blog of it's own. Let me give you some history that leads up to what you see above. All week Sage and Ethan have been telling me about how Wednesday is "paint for face" day @ school. They have been so excited. I knew that we had some face paint leftover from halloween, but wasnt sure where it was. I was planning to get it out this morning. Well, they obviously beat me to it.
My alarm was set on my phone for 740 am. Crew had a rough night last night, so I was super tired. I had just got him back to sleep around 650, and was looking forward to a bit more shut eye before the kids were up for school. Little did I know that the shut eye I was so excited for would only be preparing me for the mess of all messes. Well, 740 rolls around.........ding ding ding goes the alarm, but before I could even turn it off, I look up and there stands Ethan with his scary face. (Yes, I screamed) It took me about 5 seconds to realize that what I was about to witness was worthy of beating my children. I uttered the words......"What the Hell" and then sprung out of bed. ( Ethan was more scared by me in my undies @ this point.) I was trying to chew him out in a quiet voice cause I thought Crew was still sleeping.........nope! The three amigos decided that Crew needed to be in on all the fun, so they woke him up and hauled him downstairs to all the fun. NOW, I must defend myself here.......my kids know that I love my sleep, so they are trained to be quiet in the morn. They know that I will get up and help them, but if I'm sleeping, don't wake me unless there is an emergency. Well, that's why I didn't hear all the commotion going on, and they were in the basement. Ok, now that that is out of the way, let me proceed to finnish the rest of the story. I go marching downstairs and what I find was horrific. The pictures don't even begin to "paint" a picture for you. Please note that the shirt that Sage and Haven are wearing are brand spanking new and tags were removed last night. Ethan was wearing his soccer jersey that can be worn each year, but perferably not with paint all over it. They decided to attemt the face paint in my guest bathroom which is the only bathroom in the house that has all WHITE towells.....which they used! They also decided Crew needed some paint love, but due to the very stressful circumstances of the morning, I couldnt really position all of them where I could get a picture without causing more of a problem. OH.... Crew had a blow out diaper to boot, so moving him in any way would have caused even more of a mess. Let me re-cap here........ Screaming baby (with pooh all over) 3 painted kids with paint on the rug, sink, walls, clothes, and they were in the process of dying their hair with the remainder of the paint. Even though they were hoping to show their enthusiasm for the "paint your face" day, I believe I painted an even clearer expression on their face that you can see even through the layers of red/black/and white! They got a good chew out and have a list of chores that they will each need to do in order to re-pay me for the damages done. Eric thinks it's funny.........I don't!!! Well, not today........not tomorrow..........but maybe, just maybe, next week it will make me smile.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




10 comments:
Oh....my.....goodness!!! I cannot believe the mess your kids made. I don't mean to laugh, but your pic is totally hilarious! The looks on their faces is priceless and you can tell how they all feel.
HAHAHA. I love that you still made them line up to get their picture taken and they all look like they have just gotten the mommy wrath!! What a funny post! (oh, I love decorating tip of the week)
Wowser. Love how they all look so dejected. :)
Oh Suzanne. I am so sorry. At least they didn't start the carpet on fire like Lincoln. LOL. That truly is priceless. One day you will look back and laugh. OH so sorry. Good Luck. Oh yeah, and BTW We are going to be in town on March 7 and a bunch of us are all getting together for lunch around 12:30. (Carter's, Neyra's, Nikki, etc) So if you can get a babysitter, and you adn Eric want to join us, it would be fun. Let me know.
Don't worry, I think you got your point across to them as to how mad you were........(their faces tell it all). Have you gotten to the 2 day-I-can-finally-laugh-about-it-now-when-telling-others-but-will-never-laugh-in-front-of-them?
The looks on their faces says it all! Love the line up of mug shots. I can't believe they got Crew out of his crib to join them-haha! And such a creative face painting job they had going on too. Love you guys and miss you tons
Oh my! I would LOOSE it! Pretty good paint jobs I do have to say!
I'm so sorry, but I have to admit that I laughed so hard when I read this!! What a horrible way to wake up! It is totally something my own children would do.
Hey Suzanne, it's Nicole Fairbanks from the 7th ward found you off of the Carpenter's blog hope you don't mind. That picture of your kids is priceless. I would have totally freaked out if mine would have done that too. Hopefully you are now at the point where you can laugh at it.
Grandad & Gramalene said....
For sure you have something to laugh about for years!
Such darling great grand children and what a lineup, not a sign of a smile! AS I think of it, it sound like something Susanne would have done, eh? Love you all!
Post a Comment