
Ok, so we have had quite the scare lately with Mr. Crew. From day one, he has been having these little tremors and it's been quite scary to think of what they may be. With lots of help from the most amazing Chiropractor ever, and an incredible Pediatrician, we have discovered today the the diagnosis is called
Benine Sleep Myoclonus. That meaning he has harmless "siezures" in his sleep. It is often diagnosed as Epilepsy, but Eric and I have been studying his patterns of tremors and recorded them for the doctors to see. We noticed they only happen when he is sleeping, and he doesn't seem to be in any discomfort. After consulting with the head of Neurology at Primary Children's Medical Center, we are confident that the diagnosis is accurate and there is no need to worry unless the tremors happen when he is awake and/or, they get worse in nature. Doc says the tremors can sustain visibly anywhere from 3 weeks to 3 months to 3 years. No study's show Myoclonus extending past 3 years. We are so greatful that it's nothing serious and that little Crew is just fine. We pray that his good health will continue. Thanks all of you who have been praying in our families behalf. Look at those cute kids!!
12 comments:
That is so scary. I hope everything turns out OK for you guys--you have such a cute family. I'm glad you found our blog. Chadd and I are having a lot of fun connecting with friends. I'm excited for Logan and Carlyna and can't wait to see pictures of their little one!
He does look just like Haven! He is so cute! I'm excited to see him in person! I was at the library yesterday at Toddler Time and heard a mom call her little boy Crew. That's the first time I've heard anyone else have it, though.
That is creepy about those seizures. I'm glad it's nothing serious. We'll be praying for him, too!
I love the pix of the feet at the top of your blog. Sooo cute. I hope everything is going well for you!!! Your family sure is cute
Wow! Isn't it great to live in such a great day and age where we can diagnose problems and understand them? After I got your comment on my blog I checked my phone and sure enough I had a text msg but it wasnt marked new so i didn't know it had come! Crazy! We want to wish you a quick congrats on your new arrival. I dont know anyone who makes cuter kids. Miss you guys! (Thank goodness for blogs huh?) Love ya!
-Dixie
Wow! What beautiful kiddos! You guys sure know how to grow em'! So glad everything is okay with sweet little Crew. I'll plan on the 7th!
Zetter!
I'm SOOO jealous of your new arrival! Sounds like things are going so well! Looking at your girls, takes me back to elementary school...so many amazing memories! I didn't know there could be 3 Susannes! Hope your taking it easy...milk it...milk it! Love ya,
Al
Hey Susanne!
Remember me from the good ol days in Riverton? I am so happy that I found your blog! Congrats on your new addition. Your kids are absolutely darling. Your girls look just like you and your son looks just like Eric! I would love to get together and catch up, but don't know how to get you my # without putting it online...??? I'm so happy y'all are doing well!
We're so glad to hear Crew is doing well! He's so perfect! How are you recovering?
austin had those tremors when he was tiny whenever he nursed and was falling asleep, scared the crap out of me! Glad everything is great with your sweet boy!
ps al, come say hi!
magsandmike.blogspot.com
Can't wait to come and see all the kids and hold little crew again. I'm glad that the doctors were able to figure out whats going on, hopefully and dosen't become anythin else. give everyone a squeeze for me. love ya
Post a Comment